Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my office painted?

Please complete the service request on the Planning, Design & Construction website. A project manager will be assigned to your request and will be in contact with you to schedule a meeting. This is a billable charge and an estimate will be provided to you after the scope of work is defined.

How do I get an estimate for a minor remodeling or renovation?

Please complete the service request on the PDC website. A fee is applicable to a renovation request for time necessary to prepare an estimate. Should the renovation take place, the fee will be credited to the total project cost. The fee is non-refundable should the department decide not to continue with the project.

If a college wants minor decorating or remodeling, can outside vendors be used?

UF contracts with vendors for a variety of design and construction-related activities. However, it is university policy that college personnel cannot act as “general contractors” for work on university property due to insurance, codes and regulations regarding property and vendor payment schedules. All remodeling, renovation or decorating work must be managed through PDC.

After completing the Service Request, how will I know that my request has been received?

Upon receipt of the request, an automated email will be sent to you with a request number. A team member will then contact you to confirm your request and schedule a meeting.

Does this Service Request apply to all university units?

The Service Request does not apply to IFAS or Housing minor projects (under $2M). The Service Request does not apply to projects for Shands Hospitals. All other departments should use this Service Request. Housing or IFAS units should refer to their maintenance office for service requests.

What are “Quick Response” projects?

Quick response projects typically involve only one subcontractor, such as a mechanical, electrician, plumber or painter. These projects have a construction cost of $200K or less. The PDC Project Manager will obtain the scope, estimate, and follow the work to ensure it is completed to UF performance standards and confirm that the invoice should be paid to the subcontractor.

Why does my project include costs for Asbestos Abatement?

We have deterined that your project is in a location that may contain asbestos and the project scope may require asbestos abatement. The department reqeusting the project is responsible for all project costs, including asbestos abatement. Please visit UF’s’ Asbestos Policy for more information.

How do I get the light bulbs changed in my office?

Changing light bulbs is a maintenance item and can be done through the Facilities Services work order system. Please visit the Facilities Services website.