Autodesk Construction Cloud/BIM 360
Autodesk Construction Cloud™ (ACC) is a suite of cloud-based collaboration tools that enable project managers, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to work together in one central workspace. Users can view and share 2D/3D design files, Revit models, and project documents from any device, track version history, and extend BIM to the entire team.
ACC is built on the foundation of the Autodesk BIM 360 platform that the University of Florida has been using to implement the digital transformation of our construction processes over the past three years. UF will be migrating from BIM 360 to ACC over the next several months. All new projects, regardless of scope, will be created in ACC as of 8/24/23. Major projects will remain on the BIM 360 platform until their completion. Minor and smaller (JOC) projects will be migrated from BIM 360 to ACC depending on where they are at in the construction process.
Please contact your UF Project Manager if you need access to ACC or BIM 360.
Support, Information, & Training
ACC KNOWLEDGE BASE
BIM 360 KNOWLEDGE BASE
- Instructions for first-time users to activate and set up their Autodesk BIM 360 account
- An overview of how UF is using BIM 360 Docs for electronic Design Review and management of the construction process, including the Build Permit Application process. Includes links to online training and tutorials from Autodesk and UF.
- Step-by-step process that vendors and UF staff must follow when submitting their design plans for review, including EH&S building permits, Facilities Services Building Standards, and reviews by other groups such as Physical Security.
- Step-by-step visual guide that explains how UF design plan submitters and reviewers should use BIM 360 “Issues” to highlight and resolve design and construction problems.
- How document and file versioning works in BIM 360, including how sheet numbers and names are defined and extracted from the document’s title blocks; best practices for managing documents with multiple phases.
- Project-specific requirements may warrant a variance from the UF Design and Construction Standards. In such cases, a formal variance request or permanent revision should be submitted using the BIM 360 “Standards Variance Request” Process.
- Step-by-step visual guide explaining the process for submitting Change Order Proposals (COPs) of $50K or greater. The COP is submitted by a designer, builder, or contractor to the UF Project Manager for approval by the Director of Construction using UF’s BIM 360 system.
- Autodesk Desktop Connector is the application that integrates BIM 360 document folders with your PCs file management system, giving you the ability to “drag and drop” files and folders. Autodesk recently renamed this application from “Autodesk Desktop Connector” to “Autodesk Docs”.
If you are a design professional, please note that BIM 360 Docs is different than BIM 360 Design. BIM 360 Design allows you to collaborate with your design colleagues using your own BIM 360 Design license. BIM 360 Docs is more restrictive and requires UF to purchase a license for you to access the files in our cloud instance of Docs.