State Requirements for Space Reporting
The Educational Plant Survey process is required by Florida Statutes of all public educational entities. For the State University System it is a requirement that at a minimum of every five years, that each university reports on the use of its existing facilities and project out five years its future facility needs. This projection must be based on an examination of data on its existing facilities and a projection of future needs based on anticipated university growth.
The State Board of Governors requires an annual “Physical Facilities Space File” submission in which all sites, buildings and rooms are reported.
University Uses of Space Data
Many departments utilize space data for many purposes. Below is a small list of some of the important reasons the University tracks space.
- RCM - Facility Costs
- Registrar - Scheduling Classes
- UFIT & HealthNet - Documentation and Billing of Network Services
- Asset Management - Inventory Tracking
- Facilities Services - Maintenance Systems
- Emergency Management - Disaster Preparedness & Insurance Tracking
- Cost Analysis - Federal Indirect Cost Rate Negotiation
- PeopleSoft - Purchasing
- Research Deans - Research Productivity Analysis
Services We Provide
- Space Audits & Planning
- Project Programming Support & Verification
- Pre-Design Support (conceptual modeling, site planning, etc)
- Design services as needed
- PO&M Eligibility and Request (via Legislatvie Budget Request)
- Building Numbering and Coordination of E911 Street Addressing
- Room Numbering
- Drawing Deliverable Reviews (for space standards compliance)
- Custom Floor Plans or Reports